CERA Conference 2018
3:00 P.M. to 3:45 P.M. PT on November 13, 2018
California Educational Research Association (CERA) Conference
Title: First Aid for Teacher Burnout: A Requirement for Promoting Readiness in Kids
Location: Disney Convention Center, Anaheim, California
Event Information: http://cera-web.org/
Helpful Links Related to First Aid for Teacher Burnout:
If you require another file format, such as MS Word or RTF, to be compatible with assistive technologies for readers with impaired vision, please click here to request one.
Helpful Links Related to Sharing Your Education Expertise with the World:
- Sneak Peek of Sharing Your Education Expertise with the World: Make Research Resonate and Widen Your Impact (preface & first/introduction chapter available from publisher until November 22)
- The above book’s online eResources (click the “eResources” tab you find here)
- Article: “How to Be Heard Worldwide from Your Classroom” to be posted in late November at MiddleWeb (more specific URL will be posted here when the article is released)
- Interview: “AERA Member Jenny Rankin Discusses How Education Researchers Can Share Their Findings Widely” for AERA Highlights
- Article: “The Findings Are Coming! The Findings Are Coming! How a Researcher’s Message Can Rouse Educators” on Center for Research Use in Education (CRUE) Rethinking Research for Schools (RS4) Blog
- Interview: “Larry Ferlazzo: Teacher Voice and Highly Public Voice” for Psychology Today
Description: Teacher burnout is an epidemic that hurts students, schools, and teachers. About half a million (15% of) U.S. teachers leave the profession every year, and more than 41% of teachers leave the profession within five years of starting. When writing her recent book on how to avoid and recover from teacher burnout, this session’s presenter conducted a mixed-methods study and identified (a) the most common and influential burnout triggers and (b) solutions to preventing burnout and promoting recovery. Participants in this session will learn research-based strategies for combatting teacher burnout.